- The Recording Studio is a dedicated space for video and audio recording only.
- The Renter must provide a valid West Vancouver Memorial Library membership and valid photo ID upon presentation at the scheduled booking time at the CCC desk on the Lower floor.
- The Renter must have a WVML library card in good standing (not expired and with less than $20 in fines), and the Renter will assume responsibility for the equipment.
- The Renter must complete and sign the WVML Recording Studio Waiver and agree to the Recording Studio Terms and Conditions of Use prior to their first booking. Renters under the age of 19 must have a guardian sign on their behalf.
- The Renter must attend a WVML Recording Studio Orientation prior to their first booking.
- There are instruments that the recording studio may not be able to accommodate (e.g. drums, brass, guitar amplifiers)
- The term “Recording Studio” refers to both the Live Room and Control Room.
- Bookings are on a first-come, first-served basis and are not confirmed until WVML staff provides notification.
- The maximum occupancy of the Recording Studio is six: two-person maximum occupancy for the control room and four-person maximum occupancy for the live room. The number of attendees in the Recording Studio will not exceed these maximum capacities and exits will be kept clear.
- Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance, and a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Drop-ins may be accommodated, at the discretion of Library staff, for patrons who have completed the waiver and agreed to the Recording Studio Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Session times will not exceed 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Patrons under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult 19 years older who has signed the Recording Studio Waiver.
- Renters can have a maximum of two booked sessions per month.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a booking under special circumstances with reasonable notice.
- If, in the opinion of the Director or designate, the use of the Recording Studio by any group presents, or potentially presents, a risk of significant disruption to Library users, Library staff or Library property, then the Director or designate shall have the discretion to refuse or cancel such a booking.
- The Recording Studio must not be left unattended while reserved and in use. The Renter must notify staff if they need to leave the Studio (even if others are present from their group). If vacated for more than 15 minutes, WVML has the sole and absolute discretion to remove the Renter’s and other belongings without assuming responsibility or liability thereof and to reassign the room to an available status.
- Renters should arrive 10 minutes prior to the booking.
Renter Cancellation and No-Shows
- Renter cancellation of a booking requires 48 hours advance notice or will result in a charge to the user’s library account.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, after which point the reservation will be considered a no-show and the reservation will be removed.
- Two no-shows will result in a 3-month suspension from Recording Studio booking privileges.
- Recording studio equipment can only be used onsite and may not leave the Library premises.
- Any outside materials or equipment used in the Recording Studio must be pre-approved by Library staff.
- Renters are responsible for saving their session files on an external memory device or cloud provider. Recording Studio computers will not retain session files.
- It is the Renter’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment is operating as intended and to report equipment problems to staff.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any request for use of equipment in the Recording Studio.
- Library staff make best efforts to clean the equipment between use .
The Library may deny or cancel a booking, in the following circumstances:
- The Renter has previously damaged or misused the premises or Library property.
- The Renter has contravened the Library Terms and Conditions of Use in the past and the Library reasonably believes this will occur again.
- The Renter has made a material misrepresentation regarding the booking, the proposed use, or any participants, or attendees.
- Any persons may be refused entry or be removed from the Recording Studio for any behaviors unsuitable to the space.
- No food or drinks of any kind are permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, and smoking or open flames are not permitted on Library premises. No group using the Recording Studio may engage in any unlawful or illegal behaviour under any law of the Province or the Country including those specified in the Criminal Code and under human rights legislation.
- Library staff are not recording experts and are available for limited assistance.
- The Recording Studio is a learning environment; patrons are encouraged to book an appointment, take a class, or review the resources provided on the Library website.