Who we are
Since 1950, the Friends of the West Vancouver Memorial Library have been active volunteers and supporters, working together to enrich Library programs, collections and services. We care about our library and proudly promote and enhance its exceptional service to our community.
What we do
Our efforts focus on fundraising projects and hospitality.
The Friends have contributed more than 3/4 of a million dollars to the Library through our successful fundraising activities, such as:
- Our Book Sale and Shred-It fundraisers
- Selling great bargains on our book cart in the Library
These funds have sponsored significant enhancements to the Library, including:
- Hospitality at the Library’s Remembrance Day reception, Friday Night Concerts, and other events
- The Youth Department’s Family Explorer Backpacks
- The annual North Shore Writers Festival
- Summer Reading Club for Kids and Teens
- Floral displays that contribute to the Library’s inviting atmosphere
- The art piece Panel of Knowledge: Tyee Salmon and Eulachon on display in the McDonald Creek room
New members are always welcome
Join the Friends and help us continue to support the Library!
We meet six times a year in the Welsh Hall on Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Meetings provide an opportunity to socialize, plan for upcoming events, and review our goals. Yearly memberships are $10, or $5 for those under 18.
For the Friends to continue supporting Library programs and services, we rely on our membership. Please consider joining!
For more information, please call 604.925.7410 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sophia Weremchuk, President
Lori Breen, Vice President
Pat Bunnag, Secretary
Pat Taylor, Treasurer
Judy Bickart, Membership
Maureen Eagle, Member at Large
Grace Kravac, Member at Large
Kim Vogt, Member at Large
2023 Meeting Schedule
January 25 – Annual General Meeting
Shred-It Fundraiser: May 13, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Library West Parking Lot. Rain or Shine. Suggested donation: $10/box.
2022 Contributions to West Vancouver Memorial Library
Summer Reading Club: $4,989.48
North Shore Writers Festival: $1,926.75
Honouring Reconciliation: $2,928.80