The Library is unable to take donations of books and other materials at this time.
The Library and the Friends of the Library appreciate donations of materials.
New items or items in excellent condition may be considered for inclusion in the Library collection. Donated items are subject to the same selection and withdrawal criteria applied to purchased items. Other items may be sold in the Friends of the Library’s Booksale. Books donated to the Library become the property of the Library and cannot be returned.
We prefer the following:
- Books published in the last five years and recognized classics
- Popular paperbacks
- Commercially produced CDs and DVDs
- Magazines for the Library’s give-away shelf
We cannot accept the following:
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries or textbooks
- VHS or audio cassette tapes
- Donations not in good physical condition (musty, damaged etc.)
The Library reserves the right to say “No, thank you” to donations that do not enhance the Booksale or Library collection.
Donations may be accepted anytime. Please bring donations to the Accounts Services Desk in containers that do not need to be returned. Due to space limitations, the Library cannot accept more than three boxes of materials at a time.
Thank you for thinking of us!
What do the Friends of the Library do with proceeds from the Booksale?
All proceeds come back to the Library to support projects and services including:
- Programs such as the Summer Reading Club and the North Shore Writers Festival
- Renovations to the building, furniture replacements and small equipment.
- And much more!
New members are always welcome.