Now, more than ever, the Library needs the support of donors to ensure that we can continue to extend the exceptional service that strengthens our community.
The Library, the Library Board, and the Foundation are extremely grateful to all contributors, past, present, and future. We thank you all for your support and recognize that without this support, our Library would not be what it is today.
To see what impact your gift can make, see Recent Projects and Sustained Funding.
One-time gifts to the Foundation have enabled the Library to develop well-designed and forward-looking spaces, offer innovative programs for all ages, and expand collections.
It’s easy to make a one-time gift online using the form below.
A monthly gift is an easy and affordable way to provide steady support for the Library—in whatever amount you’d like.
It’s easy to make a monthly gift online using the form below.
Did you know that gifts of shares are the best way to maximize your tax savings? We’ll issue you a donation receipt in the amount of the fair market value of the shares, which can be claimed for income tax purposes in the same way as a cash donation.
We would be pleased to discuss a donation of marketable securities with you or with your professional advisor. Contact us.
What legacy do you want to leave? Consider amplifying your future impact through planned giving. The future may be uncertain, but a legacy gift will ensure the Library continues to be a cornerstone of our community.
- Gifts in Wills
- A gift made through a will can be in the form of a bequest, securities such as stocks or bonds, real property, or other items of value. We will issue an income tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift.
- The residual/residue of an Estate is all of the property (both real and personal) that is not otherwise gifted to a specific beneficiary. It is reasonably common to divide any estate residual/residue between other bodies, such as charities, as a share or percentage.
- Gifts of Marketable Securities
- We also welcome gifts in the forms of company shares, mutual funds, bonds, and real property. For these gifts, we will issue an income tax receipt in an amount equal to the fair market value of the gift at the time of transfer. An appraisal of the gifted property may be required in support of the receipt.
- RRSPs and RRIFs
- Did you know you can name the WVML Foundation as the beneficiary of a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)? Your income tax receipt would reduce and might even eliminate any income tax owing.
- Gift Annuity
- A charitable gift annuity is perfect for those who wish to invest in an annuity so as to provide themselves with income for life while making a meaningful contribution to the Foundation.
Depending on your age, the income from the charitable gift annuity would be wholly or partially free of tax. As a result, the income payable from the gift annuity might be higher than the net income that could be generated from other types of guaranteed investments.
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- A charitable remainder trust is another option for those who wish to give significant assets to the Foundation, while continuing to receive the income from those assets throughout their lifetime. The property to be gifted would be transferred to a trust company or another trustee, and a trust document would be prepared to set out the terms of the trust. The trust would direct that all of the income from the gifted property be paid to you for life, and then be transferred to the Foundation as beneficiary.
You would receive an income tax receipt at the time of the creation and funding of the trust, which could provide significant and immediate income tax savings.
- Gift of Residual Interest in Property
- A gift of a residual interest in property allows you to give an asset, such as real estate or art, to the Foundation, yet retain the use of that asset for life. You would receive an income tax receipt at the time of the gift based upon the value of the Foundation’s remainder interest in the gifted property, which could provide immediate and significant income tax savings.
For more information on legacy giving, please contact us.