Library cards are free to everyone who lives, owns property or has a business in, or works for the District of West Vancouver. A Library card is also free to all residents of communities within InterLINK. Public Library InterLINK members access online subscription databases, including ebooks and e-audiobooks, through their home library website.
Library cards must be renewed every five years. Please bring photo ID and proof of address to the Account Services Desk when your card expires.
For information on visitors’ cards and non-resident fees, please consult the Library’s Terms and Conditions of Use Handbook.
How to apply
Visit the Account Services Desk in the Library. Please bring with you a piece of photo ID and proof of address. For children under the age of 12, a parent or guardian’s signature is necessary.
You can also register for a card online. When you complete this form, you’ll receive a temporary library barcode number that will allow you to place holds on items in our Classic Catalogue (a permanent card is required to create a Bibliocommons account or to access our ebooks and other online resources.)
When logging into the Classic Catalogue with the temporary barcode you will need to create a 4-digit PIN. Be sure to pick up your permanent card at the Account Services Desk in the Library within two weeks of registering. You will need photo ID and proof of address.
When you register for a Library card, you are responsible for:
- Notifying the Library if your name, address, telephone number or email address changes.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost, damaged or not returned to us.
Place holds on physical items using your temporary library card
- Create a PIN here.
- Enter your temporary library card number.
- You will receive an email with a link to “reset” (or, in this case, create) a PIN. With your PIN and your temporary library card number, you can create an account
- Place holds on physical materials such as books and DVDs.
- When the holds are ready for you to pick up, the library will send you an email notification.
Manage your account
Log into your account using your Library barcode (located on the front of your Library card) and password (the default is last four digits of your phone number).
- View library materials currently checked out and renew items
- Place holds on items and view the status of your holds
- View fees owing and pay fees online
- Change your password, email or username
- View your reading history