Zoom is a video/audio conferencing and screen sharing tool that the Library uses to provide virtual programs. Here’s how to get started using Zoom.
Creating an Account
- Enter the following URL https://zoom.us/support/download into the address bar of your web browser (ex. Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) to download the software to your computer. The downloading will start automatically.
- Double click on the Zoom Installer to install Zoom to your computer.
- Once the installation is completed, double click the Zoom icon on your desktop to get started.
- To create your Zoom account, click Sign Up Free
- Enter your email address (it does not need to be work-related) and click Sign Up to create your Zoom account.
- You will get an email from Zoom email@example.com. Click Activate Account to activate your account.
3. A webpage will open in your web browser. Fill in your account information to finish setting up your account. A Zoom account requires your first and last names and an email address.
How to Join a Zoom Program
1. Click the link in the email meeting invitation you received.
- Click Open Zoom Meetings from the pop-up window to join a meeting.
1. You can also join a meeting that is in progress from the Zoom app you downloaded. Double click the Zoom icon on your desktop and sign in. You will see the Home tab, where you can choose from four different options: New Meeting, Join, Schedule and Share Screen. Click Join.
2. Then enter the meeting ID or personal link name (you will be able to find this information from the invitation email). You can check Turn Off My Video for audio-only conferences.
How to Participate
You can start a chat in Zoom: simply select the Chat icon and a chat box will appear. Change the dropdown in the To: field to set it to Everyone or All Panelists and Attendees. You can now type your questions and comments.
- Visit our Online Courses page
- Click on “Lynda.com” and enter in your library barcode and PIN
- You can also download the Lynda.com app. Under the “Organization” tab type in westvanlibrary.ca and click on Login. You’ll be taken out of the app to login through the website with your library card number and PIN. Use the app like you would the website, or download videos for offline viewing.
- Search for “Learning Zoom”
- Zoom Help Center: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
For more support, contact us: 604.925.7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.