- This event has passed.
Computer Essentials III: Browsing and Searching the Internet
Thursday, February 15 at 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.Free
In this class, you’ll learn how to use a web browser program, search for websites, and use Google Maps. Basic computer experience, or completion of our Computer Essentials I class, is required.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Identify an Internet Service Provider and ways to connect to the Internet
- Recognize commonly used browsers
- Identify a website, starting with the browser’s home page
- Identify hyperlinks and what they do
- Identify the address bar and URL address
- Identify common domain types
- Identify browser toolbar buttons and how to use them
- Identify search engines and perform a basic search
- Distinguish between ads and actual results in a search engine results lists
Register for more Computer Essentials classes: