Movie Matinée: Brother
February 10, 2024 at 2 p.m.–5 p.m.Free
Propelled by the pulsing beats of Toronto’s early hip-hop scene, Brother is the story of Francis and Michael, sons of Caribbean immigrants maturing into young men. Exploring themes of masculinity, identity, and family, a mystery unfolds during the sweltering summer of 1991, and escalating tensions set off a series of events that change the course of the brothers’ lives forever. Brother crafts a timely story about the profound bond between siblings, community resilience, and music’s irrepressible power.
This movie is rated 14A.
Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
The movie starts at 2 p.m.
Movie run time: 121 minutes
More Movie Matinées:
- Saturday, November 18: The Unimaginable Journey of Peter Ertel
- Saturday, December 16: The Sound of Music
- Saturday, January 13: White Bird: A Wonder Story
- Saturday, January 27: Asteroid City
- Saturday, February 17: Picking Up the Pieces: The Making of the Witness Blanket
- Saturday, February 24: A Quiet Girl (An Cailín Ciúin)