The Friends are great champions of the West Vancouver Memorial Library. We are active volunteers and supporters working together to enrich library programs, collections and services. Our efforts focus on fundraising projects and hospitality. We host the Remembrance Day reception and serve refreshments at author readings and concerts.
We care about our library and proudly promote and enhance its exceptional service to our community.
New members are always welcome!
Yearly memberships are $10, and $5 for those under 18. Members receive admittance to the "Friends Only" Book Sale Preview, the Friends of the Library Newsletter and invitations to regular meetings. Applications may be picked up in the Library, or you can print out the membership form and return it to the Library.
For more information, please call 604.925.7410.
Rosemin Ebrahim, President
Edda Davis, Vice President
Barbara Drummond, Secretary
Grace Kravac, Treasurer
Robbie Innis, Membership
Kim Vogt, Member at Large
Shirley Forrestor, Member at Large
Maureen Eagle, Member at Large
2018 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held in the Library's Welsh Hall East, on Wednesdays, from 12:30 - 2 p.m. They provide an opportunity to socialize, plan for upcoming events and review our goals.
- January 24 - First Meeting, Vote to amend the new bylaws
- February 28, Annual General Meeting, Elections and Luncheon
- April 25
- June 27 - Strawberry Tea
- September 26
- November 28
Shred It Day - May 26, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., West Parking Lot.
Annual Book Sale - Friends pre-sale (memberships available at the door) Thursday, June 8, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.; main book sale Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Welsh Hall.
Activities and Accomplishments
The Friends participate in many activities that contribute to the funding, and welcoming character, of the Library. We are happy to share that the Friends:
- Host the Library's Remembrance Day Reception
- Hold our annual booksale and Shred It fundraiser
- Stock the book cart with great bargains
- Provide hospitality for Library official and social events, author visits, movie nights and concerts
- Sponsor the annual North Shore Writers' Festival
- Sponsor the Summer Reading Clubs for Kids and Teens
- Participate in the Library's book delivery services for those who are unable to come to the Library in person
- Donate and arrange floral bouquets that contribute to the Library's inviting atmosphere
2017 Contributions to West Vancouver Memorial Library
Summer Reading Club $3,487.42
North Shore Writers Festival $2,620.30
Stock Photography Project $1,259.76
Popular Ebooks $4,000.00
Oral Histories $1,069.85
Research to Remember $ 176.00
Cea Person Author Event $1,232.77
Quick Pick DVDs $2,000.00
Total $15, 846.10