A West Vancouver Memorial Library card is the best card you can have! With it you can:
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, Kindles, iPads and more
- Download audiobooks, ebooks, online magazines and newspapers and music
- Use computers equipped with Office, Photoshop and scanners
- Participate in the Library's online community to create and share lists, reviews and ratings
- Create and save personal lists of books, movies and music
- Access magazine and newspaper articles, peer-reviewed journals, and numerous other databases
- Borrow materials from other libraries in the Lower Mainland and throughout BC
Library cards are free to everyone who lives, owns property or owns a business in West Vancouver or works for the District or the School District in West Vancouver. A Library card is also free to all residents of communities within InterLINK. Internet Access Cards are available to anyone wanting to use public Internet stations, regardless of place of residence.
For information on visitors' cards and non-resident fees, please consult the Library's Rules and Regulations Handbook.
How to Apply
Come into the Library and sign up at the Registration Desk. Please bring with you a piece of photo ID and proof of address. For children under the age of 14, a parent or guardian's signature is necessary.
Registering online is easy. You will be given a temporary library barcode number that will allow you to start using our online databases and place holds on items in our Classic Catalogue. When logging in with the temporary barcode you will need to create a 4-digit PIN. Be sure to pick up your card at the Library within two weeks of registering. Bring a piece of photo ID and proof of address. Note: you'll need your permanent card in order to create a Bibliocommons account. or access Library2go ebooks, lynda.com, Zinio magazines or Mango Languages.
When you register for a Library card, you are responsible for:
- Notifying the Library if your name, address, telephone number or email address changes.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost, damaged or not returned to us.
Keep your Library Card in a safe place.
Library cards expire after five years, at which time you will need to renew your account by presenting a photo ID and proof of address at the Registration Desk.
Manage Your Account
With your Library card, you have access to your library account, My WVML, which lets you:
- View library materials currently checked out and renew items
- Place holds on items and view the status of your holds
- View fees owing and pay fees online
- Change your password, email address and username
- View items you have checked out and returned
- And much more
You can log into My WVML using your library barcode and password. Your library barcode is located on the front of your library card.
Managing your Library2go Ebooks
There are two ways you can manage your digital account: by logging in to My WVML, where you can see your digital checkouts and holds, search for and download ebooks from the catalogue, or by signing in to the Library2go website, also using your West Vancouver Memorial Lilbrary card.