On the Web
Call the helpline at 2-1-1 for information and referral to community, government and social services in BC. During the COVID-19 public health emergency, this service will take calls from people who would like to volunteer to help seniors in their community with basic needs, including grocery shopping and pharmacy drop-offs and check-ins.
Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) or text 604-630-0300 for non-medical information about COVID-19, including the latest information on travel recommendations and social distancing. Information is available in more than 110 languages from7:30 am to 8 pm.
Prepared by Courthouse Libraries BC, this wiki is a directory of online resources dealing with the ways COVID-19 health directives are affecting people’s lives, including information on employment, housing, family law, debt, legal assistance and courts and tribunals.
Links to federal programs for families, people facing unemployment, people who are sick, quarantined, or in directed self-isolation, people who are unable to work, seniors, students, youth and businesses.
Nidus helps people make and register representation agreements and learn about other legal planning documents. The site includes updated representation agreements and forms with tips for witnessing and signing for COVID-19.
This guide lists information about no-cost and low-cost food on the North Shore.
This guide lists information on grocery store options for ordering by phone and delivery as well as senior-specific shopping times.
While the Seniors' Activity Centre is currently closed, they are still offering community support in the following ways:
- Taking volunteer requests from West Vancouver residents.
- Providing meals to seniors on a take-out and delivery basis between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., seven days a week from the main front desk at the Seniors’ Activity Centre.
- Setting up a West Vancouver seniors help line for those who need help or just need to hear a friendly voice. The lines open at 8 a.m. seven days a week. The lines close at 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 6:30 p.m. on Friday and at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or to access any of these services, please call 604-925-7280.
Loblaws, Fresh Street Market and Shoppers Drug Mart have dedicated hours for seniors and vulnerable people:
- Loblaw City Market in West Vancouver -- Open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. for seniors only.
- Fresh Street Market -- Open from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Wednesday and Friday for seniors and vulnerable people.
- London Drugs -- Stores are open from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. from Monday to Friday, while pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. from Monday to Saturday for seniors and the vulnerable.
- Shoppers Drug Mart -- First shopping hour of business is dedicated to seniors and others who need extra help. Check with your local store to confirm operating hours.