COVID-19: Local Government & Community Services
On the Web
Created by the City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver and District of West Vancouver, Connect North Shore links residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
Updates from the District of West Vancouver on services during the COVID-19 public health emergency as well as its restart plans.
Quest Food Exchange’s program focuses on the redistribution of quality surplus food, primarily through their Not-For-Profit Grocery Market model. Their program has been created to ensure that people living on low income have access to affordable, healthy food.
Address: 167 1st St E, North Vancouver, BC V7L 1B2
While the Seniors' Activity Centre is currently closed, they are still offering community support in the following ways:
- Taking volunteer requests from West Vancouver residents.
- Providing meals to seniors on a take-out and delivery basis between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., seven days a week from the main front desk at the Seniors’ Activity Centre.
- Setting up a West Vancouver seniors help line for those who need help or just need to hear a friendly voice. The lines open at 8 a.m. seven days a week. The lines close at 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 6:30 p.m. on Friday and at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or to access any of these services, please call 604-925-7280.
Loblaws, Fresh Street Market and Shoppers Drug Mart have dedicated hours for seniors and vulnerable people:
- Loblaw City Market in West Vancouver -- Open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. for seniors only.
- Fresh Street Market -- Open from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Wednesday and Friday for seniors and vulnerable people.
- London Drugs -- Stores are open from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. from Monday to Friday, while pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. from Monday to Saturday for seniors and the vulnerable.
- Shoppers Drug Mart -- First shopping hour of business is dedicated to seniors and others who need extra help. Check with your local store to confirm operating hours.