COVID-19: Local Government & Community Services
on the web
These curated resources are free and easily accessible on the web! All you need is an internet connection.
Created by the City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver and District of West Vancouver through North Shore Emergency Management, Connect North Shore links residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
North Shore Multicultural Society remains open for service to support the North Shore community with information and support during the Canada-wide COVID-19 response.
- NSMS continues to offer information, support, and referrals to immigrants on the telephone and online while in-person services are temporarily on hold.
- NSMS has added additional service request pathways through direct email connections. Please note that requests can be written in any language.
The Seniors' Activity Centre is currently offering limited services, including community support in the following ways:
- Taking volunteer requests from West Vancouver residents.
- Providing meals to seniors on a take-out and delivery basis between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., seven days a week from the main front desk at the Seniors’ Activity Centre.
- Setting up a West Vancouver seniors help line for those who need help or just need to hear a friendly voice. The lines open at 8 a.m. seven days a week. The lines close at 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 6:30 p.m. on Friday and at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or to access any of these services, please call 604-925-7280.