COVID-19: Local Government & Community Services
on the web
These curated resources are free and easily accessible on the web! All you need is an internet connection.
Created by the City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver and District of West Vancouver, Connect North Shore links residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
NSEM is working with North Shore organizations to assess the kind of help our community needs during the Covid-19 pandemic. This page lists current opportunities to volunteer your time or make donations.
North Shore Multicultural Society remains open for service to support the North Shore community with information and support during the Canada-wide COVID-19 response.
- NSMS continues to offer information, support, and referrals to immigrants on the telephone and online while in-person services are temporarily on hold.
- NSMS has added additional service request pathways through direct email connections. Please note that requests can be written in any language.
The Seniors' Activity Centre is currently offering limited services, including community support in the following ways:
- Taking volunteer requests from West Vancouver residents.
- Providing meals to seniors on a take-out and delivery basis between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., seven days a week from the main front desk at the Seniors’ Activity Centre.
- Setting up a West Vancouver seniors help line for those who need help or just need to hear a friendly voice. The lines open at 8 a.m. seven days a week. The lines close at 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 6:30 p.m. on Friday and at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or to access any of these services, please call 604-925-7280.
Loblaws, Fresh Street Market and Shoppers Drug Mart have dedicated hours for seniors and vulnerable people:
- Loblaw City Market in West Vancouver -- Open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. for seniors only.
- Fresh Street Market -- Open from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Wednesday and Friday for seniors and vulnerable people.
- London Drugs -- Stores are open from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. from Monday to Friday, while pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. from Monday to Saturday for seniors and the vulnerable.
- Shoppers Drug Mart -- First shopping hour of business is dedicated to seniors and others who need extra help. Check with your local store to confirm operating hours.