Getting to ComicsPlus
Note: You must have a West Vancouver Memorial Library barcode to access.
- Go to http://westvanlibrary.ca/
- Move your mouse to the Read, Listen View tab, and choose Magazines and Newspapers
- Click on the ComicsPlus Link
Creating an Account
- The first time you use ComicsPlus, you will need to sign up. You can do so by clicking the Create Account button located in the top right.
- Enter in your West Van Library card number
- Fill out the form using your email, name and password.
*Note: this account also works with InstantFlix & RBdigital Magazines. If you already have an account with InstantFlix or RBdigital Magazines, use that login information.
Once you've created an account, use your email and password to log in and start browsing. There are several ways you can browse:
- Featured: Browse the highlighted comics on the main page
- Popular: Browse comics that are popular at the library
- Browse: Take a look at comics by: age rating, category/genre, publisher, or by title
- Just Added: the newest comics in the collection
- Title Search: Enter in a key phrase (ex: Angry Birds, Bone) to search for corresponding titles.
Checking out Comics
Once you've found a title you'd like to read, click the cover and then click the checkout button. You can then select Continue Browsing to checkout more comics or Read Now to view your new comic.
If you want to see all of the magazines that you have borrowed, click on the My Comics link in the top menu bar (between "Browse" and "Just Added"). You can open any of them on your computer to read at any time.
Reading Magazines on a computer
Click on a title in your ComicsPlus My Comics List to open it and start reading. Once you've opened a comic, you can navigate it with your keyboard or mouse.