West Vancouver, B.C. – The West Vancouver Memorial Library board of trustees has announced its members for 2014. Kirsty Farquharson, president of Edge Training and Consulting and appointed to board chair last year, will remain in her role, as will retired lawyer Mary Jo Campbell, who was appointed to vice chair in 2013.
The board is pleased to announce the appointment of two new trustees this year, Michael Lewis and Jim MacCallum. Lewis, a semi-retired executive in the telecom sector, is currently serving his second term as a councillor with the District of West Vancouver. He is also an active volunteer in various non-profits. MacCallum is the vice president, finance with Amica Mature Lifestyles and has sat as the board treasurer with the non-profit Music in the Morning for approximately 10 years. His two children are actively involved in the Library's youth programming.
Continuing board trustees include:
- Retired federal public servant David Carter
- Retired superintendent of schools for the West Vancouver School District Geoff Jopson
- BC Hydro's senior distribution generation lead Joanne McKenna
- President of Quay Communications Inc. Jan Pezarro
- Health care consultant Deb Ryan
- Lawyer Anjili Bahadoorsingh
- Public art planner with the City of Richmond Eric Fiss
In addition to confirming its 2014 membership, the board is pleased to announce that trustee Geoff Jopson and West Vancouver Memorial Library Foundation director Jo-Ann Wood have been nominated as Citizens of the Year by the West Vancouver Chamber of Commerce. The winner will be announced at the Chamber's President's Dinner and Business Excellence Awards on April 23.
David Carson, Communications and Event Coordinator
Photo caption: West Vancouver Memorial Library Board chair Kirsty Farquharson