For immediate release
West Vancouver, B.C. – The West Vancouver Memorial Library board of trustees has announced its members for 2016. Retired lawyer Mary Jo Campbell remains as chair and retired federal public servant David Carter stays on as vice chair.
The board is pleased to announce the appointment of three new trustees this year: Carolyn Jack, J. Andrew Telford and Koichi Ronald Shimoda. Jack comes to the board with more than 20 years of experience leading and executing communications initiatives in traditional and social media. Telford, a senior finance professional, is currently the president of JT Consulting. Shimoda has been a financial consultant for IPC Investment Corporation since returning to Canada from Japan in 2012.
Continuing board trustees include:
- Retired superintendent of schools for West Vancouver Schools Geoff Jopson
- Lawyer Anjili Bahadoorsingh
- Settlement worker for West Vancouver Schools Felicia Zhu
- Public art planner with the City of Richmond Eric Fiss
- Retired solicitor and investment banker Marcus Shapiro
- Retired public service executive Jillian Stirk
- Dean, Faculty of Health, Kwantlen Polytechnic University Tru Freeman
Semi-retired telecom executive Michael Lewis continues in his role as Council Representative.
David Carson, Communications Coordinator
Photo caption: West Vancouver Memorial Library Board chair Mary Jo Campbell