West Vancouver, B.C. – Spring Break is right around the corner and the Library has families covered.
For families staying home, the Library has the inspiration for hundreds of new discoveries:
- Grab a nature guide to identify all those backyard birds
- Test drive our souped up e-readers and tablets
- Borrow a cookbook and make a new dish from another country
- Trek to another planet with a Sci-Fi novel
Space is filling up fast for our Mad Science and Maker Mania Spring Break programs. Online registration is now open for the following:
- Kids in grades K – 3 can dig into Earth’s prehistoric past in Mad Science – Dinosaurs on March 18
- On March 20, kids in grades 3 – 7 with an ear for sound will love discovering amazing sound effects using household items in Mad Science – Sound Basics
- On March 25, budding inventors aged 8 – 12 can spend an afternoon tinkering, playing and creating projects at Maker Mania Camp
Kids of every age are invited to watch Frozen, our March Movie Matinee, on March 28. No registration is required but space is limited.
Special Spring Break programs are free of charge and are in addition to the Library’s full suite of regular scheduled programming. Please check our Events Calendar for complete details.
For families heading off on a Spring Break vacation, the Library has thousands of audiobooks, ebooks, paper books, DVDs and CDs to add fun and learning to a long flight or road trip.
The Library is here to help families make Spring Break two weeks to remember.
David Carson, Communications and Event Coordinator