FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, September 28, 2015, West Vancouver, B.C. – From Pilates to pole walking, osteoporosis to anxiety, West Vancouver Memorial Library presents an entire month of health-related seminars and classes to get people moving, shaking, and learning about a range of health topics.
“Staying healthy is paramount for a quality of life that is vibrant with social interaction, physical activities and mental stimulation,” says Director of Library Services Jenny Benedict. “Our Library takes a proactive role in providing accurate and useful information and programming with our Health + Wellness services.”
Health Month kicks-off on October 6 with a seminar about preventing osteoporosis and wraps-up on October 27 with Pilates for Beginners. Notable programs and activities include:
- The Relationship Between Food and Mood at 2 p.m. on October 9
- Zumba Your Way into Happiness at 3 p.m. on October 17
- Excited, Exhausted and Emotional – The Challenges of Postpartum Emotions at 11 a.m. on October 22
- Keep Well and Exercise for Seniors at 10:30 a.m. on October 24
- Healthy Lifestyles and Holistic Health at 10:30 a.m. (Cantonese) and 2:30 p.m. (Mandarin) on October 25
In addition to Health Month, West Vancouver Memorial Library provides the following permanent resources for patrons interested in discovering more about health and wellness:
- Trained professional staff with the skills to direct individuals to the best resources on health topics, both in print and online
- Access to online health databases with high-quality, evidence-based information by healthcare providers and researchers
- An up-to-date print collection with books on the topics of diseases, conditions, diet, nutrition and exercise that meet the guidelines of the Canadian Medical Association
- A collection of DVDs on health, exercise and living well
- An attractive Health + Wellness alcove with a cozy reading area and stand-up consultation tables for browsing the print collection and researching health topics
For a complete list of our Health Month programming, visit westvanlibrary.ca/events/calendar.