West Coast Jazz with the Cory Weeds Sextet
Sunday, July 10 at 2 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Tenor saxophonist and jazz impresario Cory Weeds puts together an all-star multi-generational sextet to celebrate West Coast Jazz! Weeds will be joined by pianist Sharon Minemoto and award-winning trumpeter Brad Turner, seasoned veterans of the Vancouver Jazz scene. Rounding out the sextet is a trio of phenomenally talented youngsters: bassist John Lee has just released his debut CD as a leader called The Artist; vibraphonist Atley King, a product of Capilano University, is one of the country’s most promising up and coming musicians; and drummer Graham Villette from Vancouver Island is making more and more appearances here in Vancouver and it’s not surprising why.
Presented in partnership with the West Vancouver Art Museum as part of West Coast Modern Week July 5 – 10. Learn more about the week’s event here.
This concert is made possible thanks to a generous bequest in support of music at the Library from the estate of Robert Leslie Welsh, through the West Vancouver Memorial Library Foundation.
Join us on the Readers’ Rooftop. Things to remember when attending an in-person concert.
- Per Public Health updates, proof of vaccination is no longer required.
- Masks are recommended. Anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask may choose to do so and that choice is respected.
- Admittance to rooftop area will start at 1:30 p.m.
- Capacity may be limited and seating is not covered by a tent. Be sure to dress for conditions (e.g. hat, sunscreen, water, umbrella).
- Audience members will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis until rooftop seating capacity is reached.
- This event takes place on the Readers’ Rooftop which is accessible by a ramp. This ramp is designed for vehicles and is steeper than a typical ramp for wheelchair users. Those using mobility devices may need assistance using the ramp. If you require assistance please email Taren Urquhart at email@example.com to discuss seating arrangements for this event.
Stay home if you are feeling sick. Please use the hand sanitizer provided when you arrive. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, this program may be modified or cancelled.