Starting an Urban Permaculture Garden [VIRTUAL]
Saturday, March 6 at 2 p.m.–3 p.m.Free
A photographic introduction to the basics principles and ethos of (rural) permaculture with Certified Permaculture Designer, Laura Marie Neubert. She will explore the ways in which to apply permaculture productively, sustainably, and beautifully to urban gardens of all shapes and sizes—from tiny patio and balcony gardens, to front yard and boulevard gardens.
Topics covered include:
- no-dig raised and container beds
- in-bed worm composting
- rainwater management (swales and rain gardens)
- mini berry and fruit orchards
- re-wilding with native edibles
- increasing biodiversity
- capturing and storing energy
- guild planting
- garden to table menu planning
- and more!
For this virtual program, we’ll be using Zoom. Never participated in a Zoom event before? Visit our Getting Started with Zoom page.
What you’ll need: A computer with speakers (or headphones) or your smartphone or tablet.