- This event has passed.
Our Communities, Our Stories: Ebook Creation
Tuesday, May 24 at 1 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
An event every week that begins at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, repeating until June 1, 2022
Do you have a piece of writing that you’d like to turn into an ebook? Join us to learn how! Whether you are a technology beginner or an advanced coder who wants to apply your skills to your writing, this program is for you.
We will provide instruction and guidance on creating an ebook using an open-source software called Calibre. We’ll go over the basics of preparing your work for the ebook format, importing and editing your ebook in Calibre, and testing the finished book. You must have the rights to a digital version of your work to participate.
This three-part program will take place in-person in The Lab on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 17, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 24, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 31, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
For this in-person program:
- Masks are recommended. Anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask may choose to do so and that choice is respected.
- Per Public Health updates, proof of vaccination is no longer required.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Capacity is limited.
Stay home if you are feeling sick. Please use the hand sanitizer provided when you arrive. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, this program may be modified or cancelled.