- This event has passed.
From Dirt to Soil: Cultivating Living Soil in Your Garden
Saturday, June 5 at 10 a.m.–11 a.m.Free
Interested in cultivating healthy, living soil in your garden? Join soil scientists Amy and Raelani as we discuss the difference between dirt and soil, and garden-scale techniques to grow food with the climate in mind. Bring your questions and a sample of your garden soil and join us!
- Maintain a physical distance of two metres from others
- Wear a face mask (if they are over 12 years old)
- Confirm that they do not have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Wash or sanitize their hands before the start of the program (sanitizer will be provided)
- Agree to these safety guidelines
Climate change is causing lasting and devastating problems for our world right now. As a hub for information and community-building, the Library is a critical part of the response to this emergency. Climate Future is a community-driven initiative to share knowledge, inspire action and—collectively—change the world for the better by reducing local emissions.
Do you want to learn more about regenerative agriculture and its potential to balance our climate, replenish our vast water supplies, and feed the world? Join us on Thursday, June 3 for a screening of the documentary film Kiss the Ground to learn more about this “new old” approach to farming.