Connect with Confidence: Android Phones and Tablets
Sunday, May 21 at 4:15 p.m.–5:15 p.m.
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, repeating until May 21, 2023
Are you new to your Samsung, Google, OnePlus, LG, or Motorola phone or tablet? All of these brands use the Android operating system and work in similar ways.
Have you had your device for a while but aren’t using all the features or apps? Are there things you want to do with your device but don’t know how?
Connect with Confidence is a series of three workshops designed for you to get to know your Android smart phone or tablet. By the time you finish the series, you will know your device inside out and how to make the most of its features. You will be able to:
- Set up your device and connect using cellular data and Wi-Fi
- Update your software and maintain your device
- Make and receive calls, use voicemail, and set up contacts
- Send and receive text messages
- Access your email and send and receive mail and attachments
- Explore the internet and bookmark favourite sites using your favourite browser
- Download and set up apps
- Use your camera to take great photos
Bring along your device, your questions, and the passwords you need to access your accounts and app provider.
To sign up, just drop by the Community Computing Centre on the lower level of the Library, call us at 604-925-7405, or email email@example.com.
For this in-person program:
- Masks are recommended. Anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask may choose to do so and that choice is respected.
- There are no restrictions on in-person events, per Public Health update.
- Capacity may be limited.
Stay home if you are feeling sick. Please use the hand sanitizer provided when you arrive. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, this program may be modified or cancelled.