- This event has passed.
Book Club Social: Beartown by Fredrik Backman [VIRTUAL]
Tuesday, January 11 at 11 a.m.–12 p.m.Free
Explore your passion for books while discussing interesting titles with new friends at our Book Club Social. Facilitated by librarians, these sessions will provide you with the opportunity to engage with compelling ideas and themes, while also connecting with people who have similar interests!
For the January 11 session, we’ll discuss Fredrik Backman’s Beartown.
Limited copies of the book will be available at the Information Desk for registered participants. View our Book Club Package.
Future Book Club Social sessions:
- February 8: A Good War by Seth Klein
- March 8: Dial ‘A’ for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto
- April 12: The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- May 10: The Dancehall Years by Joan Haggerty
- June 14: Vinegar Girl: The Taming of the Shrew Retold by Anne Tyler
For this virtual program, we’ll be using Zoom.
What you will need: A computer with microphone (or headphones) and webcam for Zoom; or your smartphone/tablet.
An email address is required for registration. We will email you the Zoom link in advance of the program.