Reading for fun has always been important for our brains and hearts—now more than ever! Escape with a great Canadian ebook and then vote on your favourite!
How does it work?
From March 26 to April 22, readers will be able to read ebooks and choose their favourites in two categories:
- Picture Books
Make sure you read at least two books in each category before you vote! Better yet, read all four! Readers of all ages are welcome to participate.
What Ebooks are battling?
How to Vote
- Go to Kahoot.it to vote for your favourite book
- Type in the Game PIN for the category you want to vote for:
- Picture Books: 0975319
- Novels: 0618918
- Create a username using your favourite colour and animal (eg: Purple Unicorn). Voting is secret! Don't use your real name.
- Choose your favourite!
We will update the standings on this page and on our library social media every Friday starting April 3.
How to Access the Ebooks?
Unlike other ebooks that can only be used by one person at a time, these titles are available for everyone to check out through the Libby app or Overdrive! No wait times and no holds lists. Click on the images above or search for a specific title in Libby or Overdrive.
- A computer, tablet or smart phone with an internet connection
- A WVML library card (you must also be a West Vancouver resident, student or staff member to access the ebooks)
Do you meet this criteria but your WVML card doesn’t work? Contact us through LibraryConnect (staffed 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., seven days a week) for help.
Live or go to school in West Vancouver and don’t have a card? Fill out this online form completely and we'll get you set up.
What else is there to do besides voting?
We’re cooking up some virtual Kids + Family book chats, response activities to share on social media and more! Keep an eye on our program calendar and keep watching this space.