The West Vancouver Memorial Library is seeking a Coast Salish artist or artist team to create an original piece of artwork. The selected artwork will be permanently installed in the Library’s McDonald Creek, Ch’tl’am Swa7lt, meeting room.
• Coast Salish professional or emerging artist, or artist team, working in any visual arts discipline
• Currently working or living in Metro Vancouver or Squamish Valley and legally entitled to work in Canada
The selected artwork will:
• Reflect and interpret the rich culture of the Squamish People
• Represent the Library’s key strategic elements
• Promote reconciliation and respectful relationships in West Vancouver
Information Session: Thursday, March 14, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
Expression of Interest Deadline: Friday, March 29, 5 p.m.
Artists and artist teams are encouraged to attend an Information Session at the Library on Thursday, March 14. Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by a selection panel, and up to five artists will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview. An honorarium of $500 will be paid to each of the shortlisted artists or artist teams.
The total budget established for this project is $12,500. This budget includes (but is not limited to) artist fees, materials, administration, insurance and applicable taxes. Installation, lighting and signage costs will be covered by the Library.