Community Computing Centre, Lower Floor
The 22 workstations in the Community Computing Centre and two workstations in the adjacent Quiet Study room have the following applications, productivity tools and accessories:
- Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Network printer
An additional two workstations with large screen montors and webcams are available in the Multimedia Studio where you can:
- Talk with friends, family and colleagues on Skype or Google Hangout
- Study English or learn another language using Mango Languages
- Watch Lynda.com online video tutorials to gain the skills you need
- Digitize photos, negatives and slides using high resolution scanners
- Edit photos and manipulate images with Photoshop Extended
- Create a publication in Microsoft Publisher
- Make a screencast using Camtasia
- Use Audacity to record a podcast
- Draw freehand with a Wacom 'Bamboo' drawing tablet
The Group Study Booths have collaborative computing functionality. Each booth accommodates a group of up to 6 people. Plug your laptop or tablet into the monitors to:
- Share multiple screens of information from different sources, such as web pages, documents, sound and video clips
- Work collaboratively on a shared document
- Play computer games
Adaptors to connect devices to the monitors can be borrowed at the Community Computing Centre Information Desk.
We are here to guide you!
Whether you are coming in to email, need help with a document or would like advice on signing up for a program in The Lab, our Digital Experience Team is here to help. Visit us in the Community Computing Centre, call us at 604.925.7405 or email email@example.com.
Learn new skills
On your own
Technology Classes, Clinics and Talks
Sign up for a hands-on computer class, get assistance with your mobile device at a tablet clinic, learn to use Skype or social media, or take home an iPad following our iPad Learn & Loan class. We offer programs from the basics to the latest technologies!
We can adapt our computers to better suit your physical needs by offering you a variety of special features. Our staff at Information Desk can provide you with a high contrast keyboard, screen magnifier, ergonomic mouse, touchpad or trackball mouse.