Here are the instructions to download library ebooks from Overdrive onto your Sony Reader Wi-Fi.
Authorize your Sony Wifi
- Turn on your Reader.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select your settings.
- Connect to a wireless network:
- From your home screen, tap the status bar (black bar at the top of the screen)
- Then tap "Wi-Fi Settings", select your network.
- You may need to enter a password, depending on your network's setting, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Press the Home button.
- Press the "Reader Store" button.
- Choose "Create Account" and fill in the fields using the on-screen keyboard.
Your Sony Reader is now ready to download books. These steps do not need to be done again.
Checkout and Download Library ebooks
- Turn on your Reader and connect to a wireless network.
- Press the home button, and then go to the second home page (arrow is just under the "Collections" button).
- Press the "Public Library" button.
- If you do not have a saved search:
- Enter your library's name, city, or province in the search box and search.
- Choose your library from the list of results.
- Choose your library system name from the following page.
- If you do have a saved search:
- Press your library's name.
- Find and choose an e-Book book (ePub or PDF format) - to best find a book that you can check out right away:
- Click on "eSearches."
- Under format choose "ePub."
- Click the "Only show copies with titles available" checkbox and search.
- Add book to cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Enter the name of your library, and your library card number.
- Download your library book.
- Press the Home button, and your book will be in the "Recently Added" section.