Here are instructions on how to transfer your library ebooks onto the Kobo Reader.
Authorize your Kobo
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ to download & install Adobe Digital Editions.
- At http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ in the top right corner there is a "Sign In" link. Use this to create an Adobe account.
- When you have an account, and Adobe Digital Editions is installed on your computer, plug in your Kobo.
- You should be prompted to authorize your reader automatically. If not:
- Click on the Library button (looks like 3 books at the left of the screen).
- Click on the downward arrow next to the word LIBRARY.
- Click on Authorize Computer.
Your Kobo and computer are now ready to download library books. These steps do not need to be done again.
Checkout & Download Library2go ebooks
- Go to the Library2go website
- Find and choose an ebook book (ePub or PDF format) - to best find a book that you can check out right away:
- Click on "eSearches."
- Under format choose "ePub."
- Click the "Only show copies with titles available" checkbox and search.
- Add book to cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Enter the name of your library, and your library card number.
- Choose the length of time you wish to have the book checked out for (7, 14, or 21 days).
- Click on "Confirm Checkout."
- Click on "Download" and, if prompted, choose to open the file using Adobe Digital Editions.
Transfer ebooks onto your Kobo
- Connect your Kobo to your computer using the cord.
- On the Kobo's screen, choose "Connect."
- On your computer, click on the "Library" button on the top left hand side of the Adobe Digital Editions screen.
- Drag the book cover to the "Kobo eReader" icon on the left hand side of the Adobe Digital Editions screen - should be under the "Devices" label.
Eject Your Kobo Reader Safely from your Computer
Close Adobe Digital Editions when you are done transferring ebooks.
- Open up the "Computer Folder" (click on the windows start button and choose "Computer").
- Right-click on the Kobo icon.
- From the menu that appears left-click on "Eject."
- Click and drag the Kobo icon on your desktop to the Trash Can on your taskbar.
- Then detach your Kobo from your computer.