Note: This process can be done entirely on your mobile device - you do not need to connect it to your computer.
Download And Setup the Overdrive/Libby App
- Go to the App Store on your mobile device, search for and install "Libby, by OverDrive."
- Open the app and login with your Library Card number or create an Overdrive Account.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add your library and to start downloading books.
To learn more about finding library ebooks see our Finding and Checking out Library2go Ebooks page.
Download Library Ebooks
When you select "Download" on the Library2go website, Overdrive will load the ebook into the app. To see your ebooks, tap on the menu button and choose "Bookshelf".
You can read an ebook without downloading it onto the app by choosing "Read (In your browser)" instead of "Download". Learn more on our Overdrive READ page.
To read/open a book, tap on it, and swipe the screen to turn pages.
To enlarge the font, tap the top middle of the screen and you will see an icon that looks like two As. To enlarge font, click the large A repeatedly until you like the size. Click the small A to reduce font size.
To return a book when you are finished: From the "Bookshelf" screen, tap and hold on the cover of the book and you will be given the option to return and delete the book from your device.
- If you are reading an ebook and you can't find a button that will take you back to the index:
Tap the center of the screen and the menu options will reappear.
- If you get an error when downloading a title:
This usually means that you are trying to download an unsupported format, you can only download MP3 audiobooks and ePub books.
- Take a look at the 5 most common mobile device support issues and how to solve them article.
- Visit the Troubleshooting Pages for more assistance.
Need Help? Ask Us!