West Vancouver, B.C. – The West Vancouver Memorial Library Board of Trustees has announced its members for 2017. Retired federal public servant David Carter takes over from Mary Jo Campbell as chair, with retired superintendent of schools for West Vancouver Schools Geoff Jopson serving as new vice chair.
The board is pleased to announce the appointment of two new trustees this year: Mahta Azarakhsh and Dr. Zulficar Rahim. Originally from Kuwait, Azarakhsh is a legal assistant with a background as a lawyer/solicitor and immigrant settlement worker. Dr. Rahim is a multilingual dermatologist, poet and writer originally from Uganda.
Continuing board trustees include:
- Settlement worker for West Vancouver Schools, Felicia Zhu
- Public art planner with the City of Richmond, Eric Fiss
- Retired solicitor and investment banker, Marcus Shapiro
- Retired public service executive, Jillian Stirk
- Retired lawyer, Mary Jo Campbell
- Senior finance professional and president of JT Consulting, J. Andrew Telford
- Communications and public affairs consultant, Carolyn Jack
- Financial consultant for IPC Investment Corporation, Koichi Ronald Shimoda
District of West Vancouver Councillor Bill Soprovich continues in his role as Council Representative.
Celina O’Connor, Communications Coordinator
Photo caption: West Vancouver Memorial Library Board chair David Carter