1. You (the “Renter”) are subject to the general rules, regulations and policies of the West Vancouver Memorial Library (the “Library”).
– An event held in one of the Library’s meeting rooms (an “Event”) must not interfere with the regular ongoing functions of the Library.
2. The Renter acknowledges that:
–The Library reserves the right to determine if an event is interfering with Library use.
–Library staff do not store belongings, equipment or run messages for individuals/groups using the meeting rooms.
3. All bookings are subject to the approval of the Library, in its sole and absolute discretion. Bookings for programs that have the same or similar content to those offered by the Library require prior approval.
4. The number of attendees must not exceed posted seating capacities and all exits must be kept clear.
–Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, smoking and open flames are not permitted on Library premises.
5. A non-refundable deposit is required to book any meeting room at the Library. Deposits are due within 48 hours of booking confirmation, failing which the booking will be cancelled.
6. A deposit of $30 will be charged for each event booked under the Business rate, $20 for the Private rate and $10 for the Non-Profit and Educational rate.
7. The Library has three rate categories for room rentals.
–Business: A Renter who is a commercial enterprise, political party, governmental agency, an elected official or an election candidate booking a room for permitted activities.
–Private: A Renter who is an individual or a group who is neither a commercial enterprise, political party, governmental agency, an elected official, an election candidate, nor a Non-Profit nor an educational service provider booking a room for permitted activities.
–Non-Profit and Educational: A Renter who is a registered Non-Profit, a society or an educational service provider booking a room for permitted activities. Proof of Non-Profit status must be provided.
Permitted activities for each rate category are:
–Business: Host a meeting or an information session for a discrete group or for the general public. Charging for the sales(s) of products, the provision of services, event registration and all other types of financial remuneration are not permitted. Election candidates are not permitted to lobby for votes.
–Private: Host a meeting or an information session for a discrete group. Charging for event registration and membership fees are permitted. Charging or the sale(s) of products and the provision of services are not permitted.
–Non-Profit and Educational: Host a meeting or an information session, and/or provide a service for a discrete group or for the general public. Charging for event registration, membership fees and provision of services are permitted. Collecting donations is only permitted for a discrete group and not when the activity is open to the general public. Use of the room primarily for the sale of product(s) is not permitted.
Fundraising events, direct solicitation of money and charging an admission fee at the door are not permitted in any category.
Rates & Additional Charges
8. All rates are hourly. Minimum bookings are two hours. Tax is included in all posted rates.
9. An insurance charge of $1.50 ($2.50 for the full Welsh Hall) will be added to the total room rental charge. Renters who are charging for a service and making multiple bookings are to provide a Certificate of Insurance with evidence of not less than $2 million Commercial General Liability naming the West Vancouver Memorial Library as additional insured.
10. Payment must be made in full at least 2 weeks prior to an event. For a series of bookings, full payment must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the first Event. For a series extending for more than one month, full payment must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the first Event in each month. If payment is not made in full by the applicable deadline, the booking will be cancelled.
11. If the Renter wishes to provide food and/or beverages at an Event, then the Renter will be charged a $20 catering fee. This fee will be waived if the Library's Café provides the food and beverage service.
12. A staffing fee of $50 per hour will be added to the room rental charge for an Event that extends past the Library’s regular business hours. Requests for after-hour use must be made at the time of booking and approval will depend on available staffing. If the Renter and/or attendees does not vacate the meeting room prior to the Library’s closing time, the Renter will be subject to after-hour charges.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
13. If the Renter cancels a booking at least seven (7) days before the Event, then the Renter will be entitled to a full refund less the deposit. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within seven (7) days of the Event.
14. If a booking is refused or cancelled by the Library (except where due to failure to pay or other default by the booking individual/group) a full refund (including the deposit) will be issued. This includes instances when the Library requires use of the facility for Library or District purposes and exercises its right to pre-empt the use of the meeting room.
15. The Renter acknowledges and agrees that:
–by permitting the Renter to hold an Event at the Library, the Library does not in any way endorse the Event; and
–advertisements and promotions of the Event: may only refer to the Library as being the venue for the Event; and
shall not imply that the Library sponsors or endorses the Renter or the Event.
16. The Renter is responsible for:
–Securing all applicable permissions and licenses for the use, publication, transmittal, distribution and display of all material used at the Event, whether written, audio, visual or audio-visual; and
–for the payment of all fees, royalties and other charges that are required to be paid in respect of copyright , trademark, industrial design, or any other intellectual property of any kind.
17. The Library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Renter’s materials or equipment.
18. The Renter shall indemnify and save harmless the District of West Vancouver and the Library, their trustees, officers, employees, agents, licensees and contractors (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) from and against all claims, demands, suits, actions, damages, fees, losses, liabilities, proceedings, costs and expenses, including without limitation legal fees and disbursements on a solicitor and own client basis, personal injury including death and loss or damage to property (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Claims”), by whosoever brought, incurred, or made and arising out of or in connection with or related to, whether directly or indirectly, the following, except to the extent that any damage, loss or injury is caused by the gross negligence of the District of West Vancouver or the Library:
–the rental of the meeting room by the Renter;
–the Renter’s breach of any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions of Use; or
–any advertisements or promotions posted by the Renter or submitted by the Renter to the Library which the Library posts on its premises or on its website; or
–the Renter’s violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation, any intellectual property, personal property or privacy right.
The Renter has read the above and accepts, understands and agrees to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of use with respect to renting a meeting room at the Library.
By accepting these terms, you represent and warrant that you are, or are an authorized representative of, the Renter.