We are looking for a small group of keen writers and/or cartoonists who would like to create their own project and turn it into a real Library ebook! This is a new project at the Library, and we are excited to learn with participants during this pilot program.
If you are interested in applying to be part of our first Tell Your Story program, you must:
- Be working on a story/project right now that you can bring with you to turn into an ebook
- Live in West Vancouver and/or currently be enrolled in Grades 6, 7 or 8 at a West Vancouver School
- Be available to attend all program sessions on May 29 and June 5, 12 and 19
- Have time to work on your project between sessions
- Have parental permission to share your work in the Library catalogue (in addition to other permissions that may come up throughout the program)
- Not have your project already published as an ebook or physical book
- Fill out the online application form (see the May 29 program session for link)
Online applications are now closed.
After we learn some more about ebook creation in this test program, we will be running more Tell Your Story programs throughout the year, possibly for an expanded grade range. Look for more information in the Youth Department in early June!
For more information, contact the Youth Department at email@example.com or 604.925.7408.