The Library and the Friends of the Library appreciate donations of library materials.
New books or books in excellent condition may be considered for inclusion in the Library collection. Other items are sold in the Friends of the Library's Booksale. Books donated to the Library become the property of the Library and cannot be returned.
We can accept the following:
- Books published in the last 5 years and recognized classics
- Popular paperbacks
- Commercially produced CDs and DVDs
- Magazines for the Library's give-away shelf
We cannot accept the following:
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
- Donations not in good physical condition
The Library reserves the right to say "No, thank you" to donations that do not enhance the Booksale or Library collection.
Donations may be accepted anytime. Please bring them to the circulation desk in containers that do not need to be returned.
Thank you for thinking of us!
What do the Friends of the Library do with proceeds from the Booksale?
All proceeds come back to the Library to support projects and services including:
- Programs such as the Summer Reading Club and the North Shore Writers Festival
- Renovations to the building, furniture replacements and small equipment.
- And much more!
New members are always welcome.